newtelligence SDK for Enterprise Services 2.0 RC1
The newtelligence SDK for Enterprise Services is a set of classes and infrastructure extensions for the System.EnterpriseServices programming model to Windows Enterprise Services (COM+) in the Microsoft Windows .NET Framework. The extensions are designed to work with Windows Server 2003, Windows XP and Windows 2000.
The tools contained in this kit provide the following enhancements for Enterprise Services.
- Custom interception extensibility for managed components (ServicedComponents) hosted in COM+ 1.0 and COM+ 1.5.
(AspectServicedComponent class and utilities)
- Windows installer support
- Shared, context-scoped state using custom context properties
- The ability to create serviced components in non-default application domains
(ApplicationDomainAttribute class and ServicedComponentEx class)
- Inline transaction support using "services without components" also on Windows XP
- Just-in-time activation proxy pooling
- Managed wrappers for the configuration catalog
(CatalogManager and related classes)
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
- .NET Framework 1.1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (recommended) or
- Microsoft Windows XP or
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server/Professional
The full reference documentation and samples are available inside Visual Studio .NET 2003 after installing the SDK.
We still do not plan to charge license fees for the binaries when we move them to "release" status, but we cannot and will not offer any reliable support on "free" terms, of course.